How to Save Money When MovingPosted on: Friday, January 6th, 2023
Money Saving Tips from the Movers at NOR-CAL
Are you moving soon? If so, you know that the costs can start to add up quickly. From moving supplies to the truck to the movers, and the cost of a new home on top of that, you may feel like you are going over budget. However, the movers at NOR-CAL have tips that can help you keep your move low-cost and save money on things you don’t need. Check out our tips below.
- Start by creating a budget for your move. This will help you determine how much money you have available to spend on the move and give you a clear idea of where you can cut costs.
- Shop around for quotes from different moving companies. Don’t just go with the first quote you receive – take the time to get quotes from several companies to ensure that you’re getting the best deal.
- Look into using reusable moving boxes instead of buying new ones. Many companies offer reusable boxes that you can rent, and this can save you a significant amount of money compared to buying new boxes.
- Donate or sell items that you no longer need or want. This will not only save you money on packing and moving costs, but it will also help you declutter your home and make your move less overwhelming.
- Pack your own boxes instead of hiring a professional packing service. This can save you a significant amount of money, and it will also give you the opportunity to ensure that your items are packed carefully and safely.
- Consider the time of year that you’re moving. Moving during the off-season can often be more economical, as demand for moving services is typically lower during this time.
- Look into storage options to help save money on your move. Renting a storage unit can be a more economical option than paying for a full-service moving company, and it will allow you to have more control over your belongings.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate with moving companies. If you’re getting quotes from multiple companies, use this to your advantage and see if you can negotiate a better price.
If you are ready to start planning your move, our team is here to help! Contact us today to get started with your moving and storage plans.