How to Plan a Move?Posted on: Friday, February 3rd, 2012
Planning a move? Stressed out about all of the small details involved in relocating your belongings? When moving into, around or out of the California Bay Area, the first step is to consider helpful assistance from a San Jose moving company that is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and holds valuable designations with organizations such as the American Moving and Storage Association, the California Moving and Storage Association and the International Association of Movers. Nor-Cal Moving Services offer San Jose moving services that are budget-friendly and detail-oriented with communication from start to finish. Their membership in the above associations and agencies are a further testament to their dedication to customer service.
Once a relocation company of choice has been selected, whether it is Nor-Cal Moving Services or other San Jose movers, there are essential planning steps to take to ensure a streamlined relocation experience no matter where in the world someone may be moving.
· A relocation consultant will arrive at the home to perform a visual survey of the contents to accurately prepare an estimate of moving costs. The relocation consultant will calculate the number of rooms, weight of items, packing costs, labor and other costs associated with the move to present a preliminary estimate. Be sure to point out certain items that will not be moved or that may be out of view to ensure the most accurate dollar figure.
· Contact the San Jose movers at Nor-Cal Moving Services for any questions about packing your belongings. Remember that appliances, such as washers, dryers, refrigerators and stoves, must be disconnected. Waterbeds must be completely drained prior to being moved. Additionally, the recommendation for valuable items and irreplaceable personal effects, such as jewelry, cash, identification cards and social security cards, is that they be transported WITH the people that are moving.
· Make a checklist of last-minute details that need to be taken care of, and by what date they will need to be addressed. This could include everything from ensuring that utilities are disconnected or turned off to withdrawing children from school and preparing to re-enroll them in school at the new destination. Other important factors to address include closing out any bank accounts, completing change of address forms at the post office and notifying important parties of your upcoming move (such as mortgage companies, banks, credit card companies, relatives, friends, jobs, doctors, veterinarians and any subscribed magazines or newspapers).
· Every San Jose moving company is required to prepare a bill of lading for each shipment transported and will act as a receipt of items as well as a contract between customer and mover for the transportation services. Customers should always be aware of what is on the bill of lading and shouldn’t be afraid to ask any questions about the terms, conditions or services outlined.
· Clear communication should always be a focal point of your San Jose moving services. Nor-Cal Moving Services’ friendly professionals maintain communication with their customers by providing regular updates on when they can expect their shipments and when they will be contacted by their drivers.
The most important aspect to planning an upcoming move is to try to maintain a positive attitude throughout the process. The movers are there to simplify your relocation and a team effort between customer and mover always ensures a positive outcome. Once everything is packed, sit back, relax and let the movers do what they do best so you can have a worry-free relocation experience, no matter how far you may be traveling.
Nor-Cal Moving Services
560 Trimble Road
San Jose, CA 95131