Class C Driver/Mover (Class A Trainee)Posted on: Monday, March 20th, 2023
Full Time position in Hayward
NOR-CAL Moving Services, providing 37 years of quality business relocation services in Northern California has immediate openings for movers. Class C/Movers are responsible for transporting furniture, office equipment, and related items within customer sites; operates vehicles and mechanical equipment as required to facilitate loading, unloading, and transport of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation. Routinely interacts with customers. EARN WHILE YOU LEARN – train for Class A, increase pay and benefits (vacation, holiday).
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and securing are used to prevent damage.
- Operates mechanical lift gates to facilitate loading and unloading of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Locates and relocates desks, chairs, tables, file cabinets and other related office equipment and furniture.
- Arranges and sets up furniture and related items for customers
- Operates a large moving truck in the transportation of moving materials, as necessary.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- May serve as the main contact person in communications with customers regarding work orders.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have high school degree or equivalent (GED)
- Must have valid Class C license and be insurable
- Must be available and willing to work week nights and weekends as needed
- Must be capable of fulfilling the physical demands of the position, and be able to safely lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must be dependable, flexible and work well with co-workers, supervisors and customers
- Must have a willingness to work in all aspects of office relocation duties
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Salary (in USD)