5 Tips to Help Ease Your Workload When PackingPosted on: Wednesday, June 21st, 2017
Clothes on the racks, shoes on the floor, and a lot to pack in a little amount of time. From the closet to the kitchen, there is a lot of work involved in packing. While this may take a bit of time and effort, the San Jose movers at Nor-Cal Moving have found some tips to help ease the workload.
- Multi-purpose Everything- Use clothes, sock, towels, etc. as packing material for fragile items. This will help alleviate the number of boxes you need and usually work better than paper or other packing materials.
- Use the Trash Bag Method- While throwing out broken and old stuff is an important part of the process, that’s not what we’re talking about here. Instead of taking all of your clothes off of the hangers, simply put the clothes into a trash bag and tie the top by the hook.
- Label Your Boxes- This will be more helpful during the unpacking process, but labeling everything is vital to ensure you don’t lose boxes. It’s also helpful when it comes to knowing where to put each box at your destination.
- Put Others to Work- Whether you hire our professional movers to help pack or you ask your friends for help, this can dramatically reduce the amount of work you’ll have to do.
- Pack an Essentials Bag or Box- This tip will save you a lot of stress and headache when you get to your new home. From your toothbrush to clothes for the week, you will want to know where all of your essential, every-day items are located. Pack enough for the first week just in case you get too busy to unpack.
Moving is hard work. From planning to moving day to settling in, you will have a lot to do in a short amount of time. These five tips will help you tackle your move like a professional. For any additional help, call the professional movers at Nor-Cal Moving. We’re here to help with every aspect of your relocation. Call today or visit our website to get your FREE quote today!