NOR-CAL Moving Services: 6 Move-In Hacks from Professional Movers Concord, CAPosted on: Tuesday, December 8th, 2020
6 Move-In Hacks from Professional Movers Concord, CA
Moving into a new home – however exciting – also brings a lot of stress, especially for first-time movers and folks doing a DIY move to cut costs. Nonetheless, there are certain hacks and tips that can help make the whole process easier, faster, and far cheaper. Here is what experienced movers Concord, CA suggest:
- Label your moving boxes – Although many people know this hack, we thought it needed to be brought up as it really makes the organizing process much easier. Use a thick, permanent marker to label the top and side of your moving boxes, stating the room and content. For instance, write down kitchen – plates. You can also make a list of box contents or simply take photos with your phone.
- Prepare an open-first box – Set aside a first-day box containing clothes, towels & toiletries, as well as cardboard plates, plastic cups, and cutlery. This way, you will not have to go through your stuff searching for essentials on the very first day you spend in your new home.
- Shrink-wrap clothes and lightweight objects – Vacuum-sealable bags are a godsend when packing for the move and they are fairly affordable too. You do not need more than a few bags to zip together all of your clothes, linens, and towels, which would otherwise take up a lot of space in your car or the moving truck. Another cool DIY idea is to use big garbage bags to slide in all of the clothes that can remain on wardrobe hangers, then seal them off with duct tape.
- Use suitcases for heavy items – Cardboard boxes can easily burst if they are too heavy. On the other hand, big travel suitcases are ideal for carrying a lot of weight and they have handles and wheels, which makes them far easier to transport than cumbersome moving boxes. If you do not have enough suitcases, you can always borrow some from family and friends.
- Plan your furniture setting in advance – Take photos of your new home or ask the landlord for blueprints. This will help you figure out the layout and decide how to stage the furniture well before moving in. Also remember to put towels or furniture sliders underneath big pieces as they are brought in to make them slide easier and avoid damaging the floors.
- Schedule a moving company – Even if you are planning a DIY move, it might be best if you let professional movers Concord, CA handle the transport of furniture and other bulky or cumbersome objects. Working with professionals ensures all your belongings will arrive at the new location undamaged while you will have more energy to tackle unpacking and staging the home or apartment.
Work with the Best Movers in Concord, CA
Contact us online or call our office at (510) 269-4905 to learn more about how NOR-CAL movers Concord, CA can help!