5 Ways to De-Pet Your Apartment Before a Move with Out of State Moving CompaniesPosted on: Monday, February 15th, 2021
Dependable Out of State Moving Companies and Advice on 5 Ways to De-Pet Your Apartment Before a Move in Hayward, CA & Surrounding Areas
You have your new home picked out and you are nearly ready to move out. The last challenge is making sure your apartment is as clean as you received it, but this might be difficult if you are a pet owner. As one of the best out of state moving companies, Nor-Cal Moving Services’ movers have some advice for you.
- Dust and Disinfect: Pet hair, drool, food residue—everything will have to be cleaned up. Be sure you clean not only the easy to reach areas of your home, but you might want to pay special attention to alongside walls, under furniture, and more to make sure you clean out where all the dust and hair might get caught.
- Stains: Remove the stains in your carpets. A good carpet cleaner can be found for both spot cleaning or steam-cleaning carpets.
- Vacuum: Vacuum your rugs, carpets, and floors. Make sure you use the hose attachment to get the corners and crevices in your stairs and even detach and vacuum out the vents in your rooms to get all that pet fur. This will help to remove any remaining dander, smell, and fur.
- Replace: As much as we love our pets, they can be quite a handful sometimes. Whether your pets chewed, scratched, or had a hard time potty-training, some items in your home might need to be replaced. Make sure there are no chew marks on the corners of base molding in rooms, on doors or doorframes, and more. Replace these items if that is the case. If not, you run the risk of not getting your deposit back and paying for the damages.
- Odor: Sometimes it feels like that pet smell will never go away. After cleaning, put some air purifiers in your home and open the windows for some fresh air. This will go a long way and will help to finish cleaning your apartment.
When Cleaning, you always want to work your way from the highest to the lowest point in your room. Start with dusting and cleaning, and then vacuuming last. Keep that in mind alongside the tips from out of state moving companies, and your apartment will be all clean and ready to go when you move out.
Contact Nor-Cal Moving Services
If you are looking for out of state moving companies, contact our movers at Nor-Cal Moving Services today to schedule a free and no-obligation estimate.