Human Resources (HR) Coordinator
We are looking for an efficient Human Resources (HR) Coordinator to undertake a variety of HR administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employees records, supporting the interview process, benefit administration. Your role, also, involves performing tasks with a focus to grow our company’s talent pipeline and improve our sourcing tactics. Act as backup to payroll manager by processing payroll as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of Human Resources process and best practices, as well as general administrative responsibilities. He/She will be able to work autonomously and efficiently to ensure the end-to-end running of HR admin projects.
Ultimately, you should be able to contribute to the attainment of specific goals and results of the HR department, Payroll and the organization.
- · 1-3 years of experience in HR with exposure to all major functional areas of HR
- · Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
- · Proven experience as payroll specialist
- · Solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and payroll best practices including legislation and regulations
- · Strong ability in using MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- · Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- · Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems (e.g. Paylocity)
- · Ability to develop ATS, on-line application process and other database systems
- · In-depth understanding of sourcing tools like resume databases and online communities
- · Familiarity with social media recruiting
- · Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- · Excellent written and verbal skills
- · Ability to handle data with confidentiality
- · Good organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail
- · BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; additional education in Human Resource Management or aPHR, PHR, PHRca, SHRM-CP certification (desired)
- HR Responsibilities
- ·Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance
- · Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, etc.) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- · Administers employee health plans and acts as liaison between employees and insurance providers. This position resolves benefits-related problems and ensures effective use of plans and positive employee relations. Perform enrollments, terms and reconciliation of group insurance statements
- · Support the recruitment/hiring process: create job descriptions, advertise positions online and through other media to source job strong candidates, perform background and reference checks
- · Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires
- · Assist with Workers’ Compensation, Safety, ISNetworld updating
- · Maintain filing pertaining to I-9 employment verification for E-Verify reporting requirements for all employees
- · Support other functions as assigned
- Payroll Responsibilities (Backup)
- · Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- · Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, etc. with assistance of Paylocity computer system. Ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner
- · Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- · Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system and distribute paychecks
- · Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- · Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- · Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- · Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees, managers, owners
- · Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- · Respond to verifications of employment
- Comprehensive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, EAP, FSA; vacation, sick, holiday, and 401(k) plus company match, casual work environment. Nor-Cal Moving Services is a “Drug Free” workplace, requiring pre-employment drug test, background check and E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Tell us in your cover letter “what makes you the best candidate” or “why you are interested in working for a moving and storage company”.
Delivering industry leading practices aimed towards quality, safety and easier transition for our customers is achieved through our diverse workforce. We are proud of our inclusive culture and stay committed to diversity.
Please take a few minutes to provide us with your information.You are not required to provide this and you may decline to disclose. Your decision to provide information(or not) will not affect your employment or opportunities at Nor - Cal Moving Services.
Nor - Cal Moving Services is an equal opportunity employer.We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.