Class C Driver/Mover (Class A Trainee)
Nor-Cal Moving Services, providing 36 years of quality business relocation services in Northern California has immediate openings for movers. Class C/Movers are responsible for transporting furniture, office equipment, and related items within customer sites; operates vehicles and mechanical equipment as required to facilitate loading, unloading, and transport of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation. Routinely interacts with customers. EARN WHILE YOU LEARN - train for Class A, increase pay and benefits (vacation, holiday).
- Loads and unloads furniture and related materials onto and off trucks, ensuring that appropriate padding and securing are used to prevent damage.
- Operates mechanical lift gates to facilitate loading and unloading of materials, as appropriate to the area of operation.
- Locates and relocates desks, chairs, tables, file cabinets and other related office equipment and furniture.
- Arranges and sets up furniture and related items for customers
- Operates a large moving truck in the transportation of moving materials, as necessary.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- May serve as the main contact person in communications with customers regarding work orders.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Education Requirements
- Must have high school degree or equivalent (GED)
- Experience Requirements
- Must have valid Class C license and be insurable
- Desired Skills
- Must be available and willing to work week nights and weekends as needed
- Must be capable of fulfilling the physical demands of the position, and be able to safely lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Must be dependable, flexible and work well with co-workers, supervisors and customers
- Must have a willingness to work in all aspects of office relocation duties
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate lift gates, and platforms, as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Salary (in USD)
- 16 Per Hour
Delivering industry leading practices aimed towards quality, safety and easier transition for our customers is achieved through our diverse workforce. We are proud of our inclusive culture and stay committed to diversity.
Please take a few minutes to provide us with your information.You are not required to provide this and you may decline to disclose. Your decision to provide information(or not) will not affect your employment or opportunities at Nor - Cal Moving Services.
Nor - Cal Moving Services is an equal opportunity employer.We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.