The quality service and customer satisfaction that go along with successful moves rely completely on our dedicated professionals. Nor-Cal Moving Services requires individuals with the highest devotion to upholding our standards of unbeatable customer service. If you feel you meet this requirement, please review the careers Nor-Cal Moving Services has available below.
Relocation Counselor/Coordinator for household goods relocation services at our corporate office in Hayward.
This person will be responsible for counseling, managing and coordinating relocation services for executive transferees and employees of our corporate clients. The position requires significant attention to detail and follow-through. Ideal candidate will need to be able to communicate with our client the complexities of relocation, to ensure a successful outcome of each relocation we perform. We have excellent customer satisfaction scores and continuously strive to provide best-in-class service.
Assist with all aspects of the move files for residential relocation customers. This includes, but is not limited to: data base entry, initiating moves with our Allied partners, providing quotes and obtaining authorizations, tracking and monitoring shipments, calculating associated charges.
Receive moving orders via e-mail
Prepare all estimates within 48 hours of receipt
Provide clear and direct communication with transferee, other Allied agents and third party partners
Follow up on billing questions/authorizations
Coordinate all activities of the relocation – Packing, loading, storage, and delivery
Clerical and paperwork functions as needed
Must be able to gain in-depth knowledge of tariff and contract specifications while adhering to customer’s relocation policies.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Good Organizational and time management skills
- Conflict resolutions skills
- Mature and good sense of empathy
- Work independently
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office & Internet)
- Organized, detailed oriented, multi-tasking
- Account management skills
- Patience and tact as flow of work is constant
- Ability to focus on productivity goals and deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and deal with stress
Educational Requirements: College degree – prefer 4yr. minimum 2 yr.
We consider a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional attitude to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to roll up their sleeves and pitch in as necessary to get the job done.
May – September is our busy season. During these months overtime may be required and time-off is limited.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with no waiting period. Benefits including medical, dental, vacation, sick, holiday, EAP, FSA, and 401(k). Only qualified, local, interested candidates should apply. Nor-Cal Moving Services is a “drug free” workplace, requiring pre-employment drug test and background check. We are an EOE M/F/D/V employer.
Qualified, interested candidates should email resume (including salary history) to email@example.comApply Now
Audit Settlement Clerk
Audit Settlement Clerk for Office and Industrial (O&I) operations at our corporate office in Hayward. The ideal candidate will perform clerical accounting duties.
- Audit, reconcile and process Independent Contractors weekly settlements as per company policy and deadlines
- Request payment for Independent Contractor
- Update settlement information in dispatch system
- Create and maintain Independent contractor file folders
- Respond to contractor inquiries regarding job contract and settlement issues
- Interface, when required with sales and dispatch to verify manpower and/or equipment used on jobs
- Must work closely with others as a team player with a positive attitude
- Other duties and special projects as determined by Supervisor and CFO
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Experience in moving industry preferred. Minimum of 2 years office experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Very comfortable with numbers/calculations, (10-key by touch)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate with others at all levels in organization.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; flexibility in regard to the duties assigned
We offer a comprehensive benefits package with NO waiting period; including medical, dental, vison, vacation, sick, holiday, EAP, FSA and 401(k). Nor-Cal is a “drug free” workplace, requiring pre-employment drug test and background check. We are an EOE M/F/D/V employer. Qualified, interested candidates should email resume (including salary history) to firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now
Nor-Cal Moving Services, celebrating 35 years of quality service and Allied “Agent of the Year”, seeks a COD Sales professional in Alameda, Contra Costa and other outlying counties.
COD Sales person is responsible for providing potential customers with estimates per the 400N Tariff or California MAX4 Tariff. Potential Customer leads will be provided to the salesperson and he/she is responsible for traveling to the potential customer’s home to provide the free in home estimate. Salesperson is also responsible to provide the prospective customer the proper moving documents and have them executed by the customer. Compensation is based on experience, draw against commission program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide prospective customers with an estimate and required paperwork.
- Work with customer and dispatch to facilitate the move.
- Provide assistance before, during and after the move.
- Generate his/her own moving leads.
- Computer Efficient. Estimates are provided electronically.
- Pleasant and Positive attitude to facilitate sales.
- Willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle a number of leads/phone calls (multitask).
- Valid Driver License and reliable car mandatory.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, EAP, FSA and 401k.
Nor-Cal is a “drug free” workplace, requiring pre-employment drug test and background check. We are an EOE M/F/D/V employer. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume including salary history to email@example.com.Apply Now