- Give Yourself Plenty of Time- Packing is one of the most tedious and time consuming tasks of moving,
so don’t put it off until the last minute! As soon as you’ve decided to
move to a new home, start setting aside items that need to be packed,
tossed, or donated. By giving yourself a head start, you’ll be cutting
down on stress down the road.
- Let Go of Boxes Stashed in Your Storage Space- Do you still have boxes packed since your last move? Are you holding onto totes full of clothes and
household items? If those boxes have been sitting for more than a year,
chances are that you don’t need them. Save yourself some time and hassle,
and start the process by getting those heavy boxes out of the way first.
- Sort through Your Closet-Most of us have a habit of holding onto clothing long after it has
served its purpose. Whether it’s that special occasion outfit that’s a bit
out-of-fashion or it’s a rack of shirts that no longer fit your size or
style, now is the perfect time to sell or donate these items instead of
hauling them to a new home. As a rule of thumb, if you haven’t worn it in
the past year, it’s time to let it go.
- Make Some Extra Cash- Moving may be notorious for being an expensive process, but that
doesn’t mean that you can’t use it as an excuse to make some extra money
along the way! If you get started early, you will have time to sell items
online or by hosting a moving sale—putting you in the win-win situation of
decluttering your home and putting some money in your wallet.
- Focus on the Final Goal- Ultimately, moving into a new home is the chance to set up your space exactly how you want it. If you have décor or other household items that won’t fit in your new residence or don’t suit the style of the space—don’t bother hauling them with you on moving day! Pass these belongings on to someone who will love them, or add them to your sell or donate pile.
At Nor-Cal Moving Services, we believe that moving doesn’t have to be an overwhelming experience that costs a fortune. By offering affordable, professional services personalized to your needs, our San Jose moving company goes the extra mile to guarantee that you have a seamless moving process. For more tips on how to plan a perfect relocation and to schedule your free, no-obligation estimate, just give us a call or fill out our online form today!